Leather & Skulls





It seems like much of the world is obsessed with nail art at the moment, and I am no exception.  I fell in love with the Ciate collections as soon as the caviar manicure set became available to preorder.  But being in Qatar means we get everything late, so it will be a while before the sequin and suede options make it in stores here.  But I have experimented with the velvet and caviar collections.



Another popular nail art manicure set that I have come across is the Bling It collection by Nails Inc.  They are currently sold out on the website, but could possibly be found in Selfridges where I discovered the Bling It On Midnight.  I found that the colour lasted for ages without chipping, but it was a nightmare to remove which I suppose shows you how strong the colour is! 




Speaking of Nails Inc, this is where I got the leather inspiration for my most recent nail art idea.  They have a leather and skull collection coming soon which I cannot wait to get, but I thought I'd create my own leather look for the time being!
Bling It On Leather & Skulls: Black | Tan


To create the look I used a base coat, a black nail art colour and a matt top coat.



I started by applying the base coat, allowing to dry and then using a paint brush I applied two coats of black polish.



Once the polish was fully dry I then applied one coat of Fixateur Color-Matt (available in City Center Mall).  This instantly transforms any colour to a matt finish and gives it an extra strong coating! I then used the small brush from the art deco polish to paint a tip on each nail. Voila` Leather inspired nails!

post signature

Thanks for reading harrietdaisy! Don't forget to follow me and please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions! XOXO

9 Comments:

  1. Lovely blog, so professional! Just started following and can''t wait for some new posts!

    check out my blog if you have chance
    http://ceeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    CC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely, very sweet of you! Just checked out your blog, love it - following you right back! =)

      H xx

      Delete
  2. Love the nails :)!
    I've nominated you and your blog for a liebster award, check it out at http://student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks bbe! Oooh thank you lovely, I'm not too sure what this is haha so I need to investigate this further! =) xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow these nails are insane, I just love the whole textured nail thing :) Nice phone case too!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely, the phone case is only from River Island! =) Checked out and followed your blog!

      H x

      Delete
  4. you and your blog are stunning!
    and your nails looks lush!
    xxx

    http://katie-annarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely! I absolutely love your hair, this is what I wanted when I asked for the Ombre look.... not what I got! =( xx

      Delete
  5. Tried and failed at this!!
    Your nails look so lovely!!
    xx
    glossyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream


nastygal-logo Amazon-logo

Twitter Updates

Follow on Bloglovin
Instagram Twitter Facebook Pinterest LinkedIn ebay Amazon
INSTAGRAM


Meet The Author



Be an e-tailPR blogger